This seasonal position commences on, or about, April 15th of each year and ends on, or about, November 15th of each year. The position title is “General Labourer”, as outlined and detailed below. The applicant must be capable of doing moderate lifting (up to 50lbs) and working at heights on elevated work platforms and/or swing stages. When weather conditions permit outdoor work, the position requires the applicant to work up to 12 hours per day, 5 days per week (predominately Monday – Friday), on building exteriors.
This position requires the following of an Applicant:
- Strong work ethic, excellent attendance and the ability to work on a team
- Safety conscience (training to be provided by the employer)
- Ability to function effectively at heights, some heights over 10 stories (certification programs to be provided by employer).
- Applicant to be in good general health and fitness and capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Applicants will be subject to a Criminal Background Record check and must, at all times, comply with the employer’s Substance Abuse Policy
- Must be able to follow supervisory instructions and work well with hands
- Must live within a one-hour commute of downtown Toronto
The applicant will be required to learn, understand and apply the techniques of building restoration processes and the application of specialized coatings as instructed by the employer. The applicant will work “hand in hand” with a site supervisor on all job sites, however, they must be able to work effectively with little long-term supervisor instruction. The applicant will be required to work days, evenings and weekends as the employer’s projects are time sensitive and can only be accomplished while weather conditions are favourable to outdoor elevated work. In addition, all successful applicants will receive Ontario certification training for working at heights, health and safety, suspended access, elevated work platforms, first aid and the donning of Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”) and will be provided with a custom fitted fall arrest system and a company uniform. Preference will be given to applicants with prior, unexpired certification in any of these areas. Applicants must also have good reading, writing and verbal communication skills.
Hourly Wage Range:
$20.00 – $30.00 per hour (depending on prior related work experience and prior applicable training/certification)
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.